POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spirals with rectangular cross section : Re: Spirals with rectangular cross section Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:10:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spirals with rectangular cross section
From: Peter Popov
Date: 22 Aug 2002 08:17:05
Message: <6dl9mu432ntkq8udmvkhfapmn3r7dis4qg@4ax.com>
On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 12:50:11 +0100, "James Taylor"
<jim### [at] blueyondercouk> wrote:

>Whats the easiest way of making a spiral which follows the surface of a
>cylinder. The only way I can see is to sweep lots of boxes through the
>spiral. ie like a sphere_sweep but with a rectangular cross section.

A mesh would be the easiest and fastest solution. You can make this
loft either in Rhino (download the demo) or with the Striscia (or
whatever what it was called :) ) macro. Ken should have the links to
both in the links section.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg