POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How-to: Sun and Clauds Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  How-to: Sun and Clauds (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Christian Parpart
Subject: How-to: Sun and Clauds
Date: 31 Jul 2002 10:21:29
Message: <3d47f269@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I just ask here since I'm definitely no advanced-user but had to do with
POV-Ray 3.1 quite extensively just a long time ago :o)

I want to know how I can produce a nice "visible" sun and nice clauds.
Of course, there are some standard clauds (-> sky_sphere), but I found a
really brilliant picture on povray.org where I really do not know how to
reproduce it......

a brilliant sun:
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~y0013390/pov/water/water03_3a.jpg

some brilliant clauds:
http://www.zazzle.com/assets/designs/processed/posters/AVRX5LU3FBSR2M1E00NGS4SM3PBQFDS2/preview_image.jpg

Does anyone have a tiny example code for me?

Thanks in advance,
Christian Parpart.

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:21:29 +0200, Christian Parpart <cpa### [at] surakwarenet>
wrote:
> I want to know how I can produce a nice "visible" sun and nice clauds.

Wait a few days for code of http://10best.raytrace.com/short2/pto_800.jpg
It is only 243 characters of code.

> Does anyone have a tiny example code for me?

Have you tried http://news.povray.org/search/advanced/?s=clouds ?

ABX

Post a reply to this message

> On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:21:29 +0200, Christian Parpart
> <cpa### [at] surakwarenet> wrote:
>> I want to know how I can produce a nice "visible" sun and nice clauds.
>
> Wait a few days for code of http://10best.raytrace.com/short2/pto_800.jpg
> It is only 243 characters of code.

Why a few days? Hae? Did you create that nice picture? Well, I'd be happy
with the source as it is ;)
However, thanx anyway :D

>> Does anyone have a tiny example code for me?
>
> Have you tried http://news.povray.org/search/advanced/?s=clouds ?

I'm working on it right now :o)

Thanks,
Christian Parpart.