POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Crash when exiting with help opened Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Crash when exiting with help opened (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Philippe Lhoste
Subject: Crash when exiting with help opened
Date: 29 Jul 2002 09:31:37
Message: <3d4543b9@news.povray.org>
PoV-Ray 3.5
Windows NT 4 sp 5 + IE4's Active Desktop (new shell) + IE5.5
AMD Duron (Model 3) 655 MHz

When I quit PoV-Ray without help file open (either because I didn't opened
it, or because I closed it first), no problem.

When I quit it with the help file (called with F1) opened, it crashes with
the following dialog box:

Title: POV-Ray editor error!: pvengine.exe - Application Error

Message: The instruction at "0x642090db" referenced memory at "0x30303030".
The memory
could not be "read".

Or: The instruction at "0x642039de" referenced memory at "0x00000014". The
memory
could not be "read".

Etc.

I have to remember to close this help file before exiting...

--
Philippe Lhoste (Paris -- France)

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 15:30:42 +0200, "Philippe Lhoste" <Phi### [at] GMXnet> wrote:
> When I quit it with the help file (called with F1) opened, it crashes

Works fine here on NT Sp6 with IE 5. Have you tried to turn off your active
desktop ?

ABX

Post a reply to this message