POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Crash when exiting with help opened : Re: Crash when exiting with help opened Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crash when exiting with help opened
From: Philippe Lhoste
Date: 30 Jul 2002 04:27:44
Message: <3d464e00@news.povray.org>
"ABX" <abx### [at] babilonorg> wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 15:30:42 +0200, "Philippe Lhoste" <Phi### [at] GMXnet>
wrote:
> > When I quit it with the help file (called with F1) opened, it crashes
>
> Works fine here on NT Sp6 with IE 5. Have you tried to turn off your
active
> desktop ?

I don't have such horror active :-) My desktop is static, and my Explorer
folders are plain lists.

I install Active Desktop only to have the new shell: Quick Launch toolbars,
close window by clicking on its icon on the taskbar, recursive directory
size, etc. A lot of little life improving goodies.
So unless I uninstall it (which I don't want :-), I cannot turn it off more.

I have not this problem with some others programs. For example, I can call
MSDN help on a keyword from SciTE. When I close SciTE, it closes cleanly
MSDN.
Some other programs I have do the same with their own CHM help file.

I admit I don't have the most stable / standard system, I just though I had
to mention the problem.

Too bad the GUI is written in Delphi (or C++ Builder?). I cannot help debug
this problem, even when the source code will be released. I am a [Visual]
C[++] guy :-)
[Visual] Basic if you urge me :-P
I left Pascal after leaving the university, quite some time ago...

Philippe Lhoste (Paris -- France)
http://jove.prohosting.com/~philho/