POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help - Lost in shadows and light_groups Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Help - Lost in shadows and light_groups (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Philippe Debar
Subject: Re: Help - Lost in shadows and light_groups
Date: 17 Jul 2002 20:43:28
Message: <3d360f30$1@news.povray.org>
"Slime" <slm### [at] slimelandcom> wrote in message
> Wait... looks to me like you're trying to make something like a light
bulb.

Yes, I am ;-) Something like that, and opaque. And for render time's sake I
can not use ambient + radiosity

> Have you tried looks_like? I'm not sure if that casts shadows from other
> lights, but it might.

 This was my first thought, I checked the doc and did not try as it says
"There is an implied no_shadow attached to the looks_like object so that
light is not blocked by the object." and no_shadow is not light_source
specific.

BTW, why are no_shadow, no_image, no_reflection objects modifiers ? They
could also have been materials attributs ? (I guess it is because no_shadow
predates material and the others no_* follow its example.)

Povingly,

Philippe

Post a reply to this message