POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : light reflection in mirrors Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  light reflection in mirrors (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: marabou
Subject: light reflection in mirrors
Date: 10 Jul 2002 13:29:56
Message: <3d2c6f14@news.povray.org>
does anybody know a link where i can find how to reflect  light in a mirror?
thanks in advance.

Post a reply to this message

From: TinCanMan
Subject: Re: light reflection in mirrors
Date: 10 Jul 2002 13:41:53
Message: <3d2c71e1$1@news.povray.org>
"marabou" <not### [at] availablenet> wrote in message

> does anybody know a link where i can find how to reflect  light in a
mirror?
> thanks in advance.

Don't have a link in specific but the only *true* way to do this in POV is
with photons so have a look at them.  There are ways to fake it, but they
are very limited.

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

> does anybody know a link where i can find how to reflect  light in a mirror?

Look up "photon mapping" in the POV-Ray 3.5 manual.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message