POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : light reflection in mirrors : Re: light reflection in mirrors Server Time
6 Aug 2024 00:14:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: light reflection in mirrors
From: Peter Popov
Date: 11 Jul 2002 13:23:55
Message: <mkfriuge14v3d1sh1j3hjbddb5mbgapvtn@4ax.com>
>Radiance?
>
>Do you mean radiosity?

No, I mean Radiance :) It is a piece of software (free, I think) which
uses pure radiosity and is therefore mostly adored by architects,
interior designers etc. The way it implements caustics is similar to
photon mapping but much less efficient - but not so much less
efficient for a completely polygon-based engine as virtual light
sources are a pretty intuitive idea in this case and pretty fast even
at pre-trace stage.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg