POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : light reflection in mirrors : Re: light reflection in mirrors Server Time
6 Aug 2024 00:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: light reflection in mirrors
From: Peter Popov
Date: 10 Jul 2002 18:01:30
Message: <kdbpiu83toeqvfhdllgf4csc7m38pbp68a@4ax.com>
On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 17:04:43 -0400, "Slime" <slm### [at] slimelandcom> wrote:

>It's pretty simple, really. Find the place where the light source would be
>reflected inside the mirror. For instance, if your mirror was flat along the
>Y-Z plane, and your light source was at <3,4,5>, the reflected light source
>would be at <-3,4,5>. This is the place where the light would appear to be
>if you looked "through" the mirror.

Virtual Light Sources... I contacted the Team with that idea quite
some time ago (back in 1996 I think) - I wasn't lurking around this
server yet, and I think the server itself wasn't up yet. No answer
then. Later, when I posted to c.g.r.r. I got a reply that Radiance had
been doing it for years by the time. So much for my invention of the
wheel *sigh*

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg