POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : interior statement. Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:15:54 EDT (-0400)
  interior statement. (Message 13 to 22 of 22)
From: Dave VanHorn
Subject: Re: interior statement.
Date: 5 Jul 2002 13:16:56
Message: <3d25d488@news.povray.org>
> I expected this kind of problem :-) With one switch declared at begining
you
> can easy control more than one place in script. For example you can vary
> ambient of object depending radiosity is on or off. For example:
>
> #declare Use_All          = off;
> #declare Use_Light        = ( off | Use_All );
> #declare Use_Radiosity    = ( on  | Use_All );
> #declare Use_Transparency = ( on  | Use_All );

Interesting!  I'll have to put that in.

I've been looking at the 3.5 beta today, and getting some pretty impressive
results.
Some of the things that I noticed are that radiosity amplitude of 40 was not
necessary anymore, values around 1 seem just fine.  Also, I have some leds
that are viewed through light pipes (spotlights that "look like" LED
objects) and they could also be turned WAY down from what they were.

I did see some light that appears to have come through my solid case, in
places where there's no holes, but I'm re-rendering now, with the light
values scaled back twoard 1, to see if maybe that was just a math error.

I also am looking at "photons", as this project involves some transparent
and "lensy" plastics.

Looks like a lot more fun to be had with POV :)

Date: 5 Jul 2002 13:25:11
Message: <kalbiugjm6o1d0f926nqmk8kob3pdhcvlo@4ax.com>
On Fri, 5 Jul 2002 12:17:04 -0500, "Dave VanHorn" <dva### [at] cedarnet> wrote:
> I've been looking at the 3.5 beta today, and getting some pretty impressive
> results.

Today ? So you probably not rendered all sample files yet. Take a look at them
carefully (with help of
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.utilities/25029/ ). And since you have
access to Win you can be interested in http://www.abx.art.pl/pov/bonus (not
updated to current beta release yet, sorry).

ABX

Post a reply to this message