POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : interior statement. : Re: interior statement. Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:21:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: interior statement.
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 8 Jul 2002 11:08:43
Message: <chrishuff-65008F.10062308072002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <c59jiug233sc7jdaba0h2rf336pqdht1el@4ax.com>,
 W?odzimierz ABX Skiba <abx### [at] babilonorg> wrote:

> You are talking about pure interior, but since media is part of it ...

Well, yeah, media has parts that are not reserved from the start, things
like density and color maps. The structure keeps a pointer that can be
set to memory allocated for them. For ordinary on/off flags and
float/vector/color values, it isn't be worth it.

> Anyway I started thinking about one case when interior shouldn't be off when
> texture is not transparent: media + transparent interior texture.

Or camera inside the object (possibly due to "inverse").

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/