POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : interior statement. : Re: interior statement. Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: interior statement.
From: Dave VanHorn
Date: 5 Jul 2002 13:16:56
Message: <3d25d488@news.povray.org>
> I expected this kind of problem :-) With one switch declared at begining
you
> can easy control more than one place in script. For example you can vary
> ambient of object depending radiosity is on or off. For example:
>
> #declare Use_All          = off;
> #declare Use_Light        = ( off | Use_All );
> #declare Use_Radiosity    = ( on  | Use_All );
> #declare Use_Transparency = ( on  | Use_All );

Interesting!  I'll have to put that in.

I've been looking at the 3.5 beta today, and getting some pretty impressive
results.
Some of the things that I noticed are that radiosity amplitude of 40 was not
necessary anymore, values around 1 seem just fine.  Also, I have some leds
that are viewed through light pipes (spotlights that "look like" LED
objects) and they could also be turned WAY down from what they were.

I did see some light that appears to have come through my solid case, in
places where there's no holes, but I'm re-rendering now, with the light
values scaled back twoard 1, to see if maybe that was just a math error.

I also am looking at "photons", as this project involves some transparent
and "lensy" plastics.

Looks like a lot more fun to be had with POV :)