POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is cel shading possible? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:01:00 EDT (-0400)
  Is cel shading possible? (Message 5 to 14 of 14)
From: Corey Woodworth
Subject: Re: Is cel shading possible?
Date: 19 Mar 2002 07:38:12
Message: <3c973134$1@news.povray.org>
news:3C971B91.1C52E221@gmx.de...

> Corey Woodworth wrote:
> >
> > I guess i've been playing a lil too much jet set radio :) Is cel shading
at
> > all possible with pov, or something similar?
> >

> You should have a look at the post processing feature of megapov:
>
> http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm
>
> and possibly the AOI patch from MLPov:
>
> http://martial.rameaux.free.fr/mael/MLPov.html#AOI

Wow megaPov looks really interesting! And I thought I had a lot to learn
about vanilla pov!

Corey

Date: 19 Mar 2002 09:54:07
Message: <3c97510f@news.povray.org>
There was a cartoon-shading thread in p.a-u
Possibly of interest fo you?

regards
SY

Post a reply to this message

From: Ron Parker
Date: 19 Mar 2002 10:52:52
Message: <slrna9enmm.eie.ron.parker@fwi.com>

> On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 06:02:46 -0500, "Corey Woodworth" <cdw### [at] mpinetnet>
> wrote:
>> I guess i've been playing a lil too much jet set radio :) Is cel shading at
>> all possible with pov, or something similar?
>
> What is "cel" ? Both my dictionaries failed.

Celluloid.  What animation was drawn on, before the advent of computers.

--
#local R=<7084844682857967,0787982,826975826580>;#macro L(P)concat(#while(P)chr(
mod(P,100)),#local P=P/100;#end"")#end background{rgb 1}text{ttf L(R.x)L(R.y)0,0

Post a reply to this message

What exactly does the AOI patch do?  I didn't do too good in French in High
School.

> Corey Woodworth wrote:
> >
> > I guess i've been playing a lil too much jet set radio :) Is cel shading
at
> > all possible with pov, or something similar?
> >

> You should have a look at the post processing feature of megapov:
>
> http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm
>
> and possibly the AOI patch from MLPov:
>
> http://martial.rameaux.free.fr/mael/MLPov.html#AOI
>

> Christoph