POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Go ahead and tell me Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:28:45 EDT (-0400)
  Go ahead and tell me (Message 11 to 20 of 34)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Re: Go ahead and tell me
Date: 10 Mar 2002 13:50:39
Message: <3c8baaff@news.povray.org>
IMHO,

http://10best.raytrace.com/short/shortvote.html

Post a reply to this message

From: Tom Melly
Date: 10 Mar 2002 15:15:01
Message: <3c8bbec5$1@news.povray.org>
news:3c8b6717@news.povray.org...
> In article <3c8b6598@news.povray.org> , "Hershel Robinson"
> <her### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>
> > even the free ones.
>
> Because there are no other free ray-tracers that are still supported or
still
> being developed?
>
> As for commercial programs, if you have several thousand US$ to spare
there is
> nothing wrong if you buy and use them.  Of course, you should be honest
and
> really buy them and not get them from other sources.

Just out of curiosity, what other raytracers (free or otherwise) support
direct scripting to the extent of pov?

Are there other rt progs where a text-file can be the single source for
complex scenes, and where meshes and similiar can be occasional luxuries
rather than an essential element?

Post a reply to this message