POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Go ahead and tell me : Re: Go ahead and tell me Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:41:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Go ahead and tell me
From: Rune
Date: 10 Mar 2002 18:37:55
Message: <3c8bee53@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" wrote:
> The community is great, and you can always,
> ALWAYS have the feeling of having achieved
> something when you've finished an image.
> Look at 3DS, for example. Hand on the mouse,
> squish, squash, here's a car. Squish, squash, a
> house.
> Well, okay, it may not be that easy. But you
> always get so many options, controls, whatever,
> that it sometimes seems to be more luck than
> skill to achieve something.

That's true.

Of course, if one likes it that way, it's also possible to have it that way
in POV-Ray. There are so many include files and macros around ready to use
which also have many options and controls, and where the user don't have to
do all the work on his own.

These macros and include files can be found on this news server and
scattered around the web. Many links available at
http://www.povray.org/links/POV-Ray_Include_Macro_and_Object_Files/

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)