POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : anti-aliasing Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:19:29 EDT (-0400)
  anti-aliasing (Message 31 to 40 of 91)
From: Ron Parker
Subject: Re: More methods? was Re: anti-aliasing
Date: 13 Feb 2002 16:31:32
Message: <slrna6lmpn.rhv.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:22:33 -0500, Timothy R. Cook wrote:
> Ron Parker wrote:
>> If we knew where the surfaces were, we wouldn't need to trace rays
>> at all. As it turns out, we don't know where they are.
>
> But they're defined by mathematical formulae.  You know (or can find
> out) exactly where the surface is by solving for the formula.

Not in every case.  Some things have to be approximated, which is a messy
and expensive task.  Examples include the poly object for higher-order
polynomials, the isosurface object, and lots of others.

--
#macro R(P)z+_(P)_(P)_(P+1)_(P+1)+z#end#macro Q(C,T)bicubic_patch{type 1u_steps
6v_steps 6R(1)R(3)R(5)R(7)pigment{rgb z}}#end#macro _(Y)#local X=asc(substr(C,Y

Post a reply to this message