POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV features Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  POV features (Message 1 to 10 of 44)
From: s1631001
Subject: POV features
Date: 27 Nov 2001 08:39:37
Message: <3C0397AB.B1D442@namtar.qub.ac.uk>
Sorry, I haven't downloaded POV3.5 yet, so if any of these are embedded
in it already, ignore them.

1: Golden ratio:
since POV-Ray is used (primarily!) for creating art, shouldn't the
golden ratio be a built-in constant, like pi?

2: Polygonal preview:
A Moray-style preview where everything is represented by
polygons/wireframe. This would give a good impression of the finished
image for test renders.

I had more, but I've forgotten them! I'll see if I can dredge them up...

--
From the Grey Knight
//@---signature---

Post a reply to this message

3: #fkill() directive for file deletion? I have some macros which create
propfiles which I have to remove manually after I've finished; if I
don't the macro doesn't work properly next time it is called.

4: Support for matrix operations would be nice, although I'm writing a
series of macros to handle matrices at the min. Ho hum.

s1631001 wrote:

> Sorry, I haven't downloaded POV3.5 yet, so if any of these are embedded
> in it already, ignore them.
>
> 1: Golden ratio:
> since POV-Ray is used (primarily!) for creating art, shouldn't the
> golden ratio be a built-in constant, like pi?
>
> 2: Polygonal preview:
> A Moray-style preview where everything is represented by
> polygons/wireframe. This would give a good impression of the finished
> image for test renders.
>
> I had more, but I've forgotten them! I'll see if I can dredge them up...
>
> --
> From the Grey Knight
> //@---signature---
> //  Grey Knight's site of the week: