POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I'd like to have a complete list of all the finishes... Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  I'd like to have a complete list of all the finishes... (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Eitan Tal
Subject: I'd like to have a complete list of all the finishes...
Date: 6 Nov 2001 14:34:40
Message: <3BE83A63.145E3655@netvision.net.il>
Hey, Everyone!
Well, More than once I've found myself experimenting for ours on
different finishes. (and normals). Sometimes I didn't even notice any
change. Roughness for example, is a very small number. I changed it to a
huge one comparing to the default, and I didn't notice any serious
change.

Maybe the list of finishes already exists somewhere, and if not, it
might be a good contribution for the documentation.

Finish Name:
What Exactly it does:
Applies on:
Expected value:
What does the value actually effect: (Radius, Scale...)
The finish also effects The:
When Can/Can't be noticed:
Used In:
Example: (Some have examples, Like Ambient)

The least I can do is to list the Finishes:

Ambient
Attenuation
Brilliance
Caustics