POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is it real...? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Is it real...? (Message 17 to 26 of 26)
From: Hugo
Subject: Re: Is it real...?
Date: 14 Oct 2001 06:50:05
Message: <3bc96ddd$1@news.povray.org>
Just like to add that in schools, they learn not to model anything that
won't be visible or important in the scene / animation they are working at..
In Hollywood, they model what they are asked to model, sometimes one half of
an object and not the other, if it's not going to be used.. And they use
*any* tricks that work.. But it's a matter of purpose.. Art for joy, art as
learning curve, art for money.. I think it's good to try all 3 ways of
working..

Hugo

>     Well, I wasn't talking about photo-realism. For instance, I have a
> continuing project of modeling a microscope. There are some internal gears
> that I had to dismantle the microscope to find. But I found them and
modeled
> them even though it will take a cutaway view to ever see them. Probably
> slows down the rendering a lot and certainly slowed down the project.
>
>     But I can't see modeling something and leaving out the working parts.
> Probably a psychosis of some sort.

Post a reply to this message