POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : dissecting a smooth triangle mesh ?? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:25:55 EDT (-0400)
  dissecting a smooth triangle mesh ?? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: MR
Subject: dissecting a smooth triangle mesh ??
Date: 8 Oct 2001 14:07:23
Message: <3bc1eb5b$1@news.povray.org>
hello,

i got a skeleton model in 3ds and converted it with 3DWin.  its all one
big smooth triangle mesh.  i'd like to break it up so that the skeleton
wasn't frozen into one pose, such as making the forearm and upper
arm separate meshes so i could get arm movement.

i got an idea that i could add some visible rulers to the render so that
i could see where the different parts were, and then write a very simple
visual basic program to separate parts out based on a rough visual
judgement of coordinate limits of selected parts.

BUT... i don't want to make the job 10 times harder than what it is.
would i be able to accomplish this in moray, or some other low-dollar
3D app which could then be reintegrated into pov-ray?

thank you, miker

Post a reply to this message

> BUT... i don't want to make the job 10 times harder than what it is.
> would i be able to accomplish this in moray, or some other low-dollar
> 3D app which could then be reintegrated into pov-ray?

There's a thread above about getting Amapi 4.15 for free. It should do the
trick.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com