POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : dissecting a smooth triangle mesh ?? : Re: dissecting a smooth triangle mesh ?? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: dissecting a smooth triangle mesh ??
From: MR
Date: 8 Oct 2001 19:20:21
Message: <3bc234b5$1@news.povray.org>
thanks gilles,

i downloaded it and i'm playing with it right now.  i imported the
3ds and it didn't take long to figure out how to rotate, translate,
and zoom so i could see what i'm doing, but its gonna take some
figuring to break the mesh apart...  i used the lasso tool to select
the arm, and that worked.  i tried to delete it (i figured if i could
delete it then i could delete everything but the other arm, and then
i could save it as a file and repeat the process for the other parts.),
but it deleted the entire skeleton.

the ungroup looked promising, but it wasn't activated... i imagine
it needs to see several objects welded together before ungroup
is an option.

is there an amapi support group?   hmmm... maybe i need to
search "amapi" under newsgroup listings.

anyway, just wanted to say thanks.  by the way, i owe you an
apology.  i checked out your site and it got soaked from me
drooling all over it.  ;-)

miker