POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : good bone texture ?? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  good bone texture ?? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: MR
Subject: good bone texture ??
Date: 28 Sep 2001 14:22:32
Message: <3bb4bfe8$1@news.povray.org>
hi everybody,

major newbie here...  i'm trying to faithfully work my way thru
the user docs, but i can't seem to keep from getting ahead
of myself.  anyway, i've converted a 3ds skull using 3DWin
and i've got my own lighting and camera and i've translated
and rotated it until it fits my way of viewing, BUT:

i need a good "old bone" texture.  can anybody make any
suggestions?  i've tried white marble, T_Grnt11a, and
T_Grnt9a, and i don't much care for them.

and this question should probably go in the newusers
group, but i'm here so bear with me, ok?

is there an easier way to look at all the textures than
to have to try them all out?  do i need to make a pov with
all of them in it?

thank you, miker

Post a reply to this message

> i need a good "old bone" texture.  can anybody make any
> suggestions?  i've tried white marble, T_Grnt11a, and
> T_Grnt9a, and i don't much care for them.

Bone texture would vary a lot, depending on age for one thing.
Creating your own is often all you can do if no suitable one already exists,
either that or modifying one.

> is there an easier way to look at all the textures than
> to have to try them all out?  do i need to make a pov with
> all of them in it?

No, luckily there's TextureView at:
http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/

Bob H.

Post a reply to this message

> > is there an easier way to look at all the textures than
> > to have to try them all out?  do i need to make a pov with
> > all of them in it?
>
> No, luckily there's TextureView at:
> http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/

Moray has a very nice built-in texture editor.  Even if you only
use it for that, it's still useful.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.scifi-fantasy.com