POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : good bone texture ?? : Re: good bone texture ?? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:24:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: good bone texture ??
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 28 Sep 2001 16:04:59
Message: <3bb4d7eb$1@news.povray.org>
"MR" <a### [at] bnet> wrote :

> i need a good "old bone" texture.  can anybody make any
> suggestions?  i've tried white marble, T_Grnt11a, and
> T_Grnt9a, and i don't much care for them.

    I have found no use for the included textures for precisely the reasons
you are having problems with them.

    1) Who knows what they look like
    2) Who has the time to find out what they look like
    3) Once you find out what they look like, who wants to use them

    It doesn't take much playing with textures to learn how to make your
own. In fact, it might be better not to even look at the included ones,
since they are designed to be includes of many textures instead of single
textures. Get one of the several texture makers like the one in Moray, put a
few together and learn how they are done, watch the ITRC and learn how
others are making textures and RTFM to get started.

    Lets see, bone... make some whitish browns, streak them with a scaled
agate or something, and add a normal of small elongated bumps?