POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : good bone texture ?? : Re: good bone texture ?? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:24:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: good bone texture ??
From: Batronyx
Date: 28 Sep 2001 23:48:26
Message: <3bb5448a@news.povray.org>
"MR" <a### [at] bnet> wrote in message news:3bb4bfe8$1@news.povray.org...
> hi everybody,
>
> major newbie here...  i'm trying to faithfully work my way thru
> the user docs, but i can't seem to keep from getting ahead
> of myself.  anyway, i've converted a 3ds skull using 3DWin
> and i've got my own lighting and camera and i've translated
> and rotated it until it fits my way of viewing, BUT:
>
> i need a good "old bone" texture.  can anybody make any
> suggestions?  i've tried white marble, T_Grnt11a, and
> T_Grnt9a, and i don't much care for them.
>
> and this question should probably go in the newusers
> group, but i'm here so bear with me, ok?
>
> is there an easier way to look at all the textures than
> to have to try them all out?  do i need to make a pov with
> all of them in it?
>
> thank you, miker

Like Bill mentioned, check out the IRTC site. In particular this picture would
be a good place to start:

http://oz.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/1999-04-30/13hystri.jpg

You can get to the source from here:
http://www.irtc.org/stills/1999-04-30.html

--
Batronyx ^"^
bat### [at] cadronhsacom --going away 11.01.2001: changing ISPs