POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : marching cube macro Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  marching cube macro (Message 2 to 11 of 11)
From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: marching cube macro
Date: 27 Sep 2001 11:23:00
Message: <3BB344D2.8D680A43@gmx.de>
Mael wrote:

> hi,
>
> i found some c code for the marching cube algorithm
> (http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/pbourke/modelling/polygonise/) and translate
> it into a pov3.5 macro. This algorithm creates a mesh given a scalar
> function of (x,y,z) and an iso-level (so it tesselates an isosurface..)
>
> don t know if this can be useful (in fact i m sure it s useless, but it was
> fun to programm :)
>
> [...]

I previously considered writing such a macro, but i thought it would be
much faster if done internally in POV - like the tesselation patch, which
is still buggy (wasn't there someone who fixed that bug using a different
algorithm recently?)

BTW, it would be really nice if passing function names to macros worked,
this string method looks quite horrible...

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>

> BTW, it would be really nice if passing function names to macros
> worked, this string method looks quite horrible...

Ron posted something like this:

  #macro Foo( Bar, X )
    #declare Y = Bar(X);
    #declare Z = Bar(Y);