POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : marching cube macro : Re: marching cube macro Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:25:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: marching cube macro
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 28 Sep 2001 04:29:59
Message: <3BB435D5.67051098@gmx.de>
Mael wrote:

> yes it is very slow if you use a small grid.. May be the macro can be
> enhanced by using some sort of adaptive grid rather than a fixed one, but i
> m afraid this is beyond my capacities :(

Maybe not using a grid at all would also be a good approach.  There are
methods producing nearly equilateral triangles and varying their size
depending on the curvature.  Of course such things are slow, quite
difficult to program and usually lead to problems with isosurfaces having
several separated parts.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>