POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : zebrastripe like pattern (basically stripes), also what is a good newsreader Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:13:06 EDT (-0400)
  zebrastripe like pattern (basically stripes), also what is a good newsreader (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Arlinghaus
Subject: zebrastripe like pattern (basically stripes), also what is a good newsreader
Date: 5 Aug 2001 18:11:30
Message: <3b6dc492@news.povray.org>
I would like to know how to make a pattern like zebra stripes or
xconstruction sfaty (black / yellow stripes).

another thing is what is a good newsgroup program, the one i am using i
don't like.
Henrik

Post a reply to this message

"Arlinghaus" <Arl### [at] stc-fcom> wrote in message
> I would like to know how to make a pattern like zebra stripes or
> xconstruction sfaty (black / yellow stripes).

    Gradient with a color map. Look them up in the documents.

> another thing is what is a good newsgroup program, the one i am using i
> don't like.

    The one you have is a good one, what do you not like about it?

Post a reply to this message

 "Arlinghaus" <Arl### [at] stc-fcom> wrote:

> I would like to know how to make a pattern like zebra stripes or
> xconstruction sfaty (black / yellow stripes).

"Danger" stripes would be easy, just a gradient pattern with a two-color
color_map. If you're asking how to do the color map:
color_map {
    [0 Black]
    [0.5 Black]
    [0.5 Yellow]
    [1 Yellow]
}

--
Christopher James Huff - chr### [at] maccom, http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/

<><

Post a reply to this message

>  "Arlinghaus" <Arl### [at] stc-fcom> wrote:
>
> > I would like to know how to make a pattern like zebra stripes or
> > xconstruction sfaty (black / yellow stripes).
>
> "Danger" stripes would be easy, just a gradient pattern with a two-color
> color_map. If you're asking how to do the color map:
> color_map {
>     [0 Black]
>     [0.5 Black]
>     [0.5 Yellow]
>     [1 Yellow]
> }

Why not shorten the list to just:

color_map {
    [ 0.5 Black ]
    [ 0.5 Yellow ]
}

?

--
Francois Labreque | Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a snooze
    flabreque     | button on a cat who wants breakfast.

Post a reply to this message