POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : zebrastripe like pattern (basically stripes), also what is a good newsreader : Re: zebrastripe like pattern (basically stripes), also what is a good newsreader Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:29:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: zebrastripe like pattern (basically stripes), also what is a good newsreader
From: Chris Huff
Date: 5 Aug 2001 22:13:01
Message: <chrishuff-BD5D39.21103005082001@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3B6DEA27.336BA123@videotron.ca>,
 Francois Labreque <fla### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> Why not shorten the list to just:
>
> color_map {
>     [ 0.5 Black ]
>     [ 0.5 Yellow ]
> }
>
> ?

Because that doesn't say what it does. I just prefer to always specify
the start and end, for readability...it would be easy to misread that as:
color_map {
    [ 0.0 Black ]
    [ 1.0 Yellow ]
}

And since Arlinghaus seems to be a fairly new user, I used the less
confusing, more verbose syntax.

--
Christopher James Huff - chr### [at] maccom, http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/

<><