POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV gives up half way through my 'inc'? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  POV gives up half way through my 'inc'? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Peter Cracknell
Subject: POV gives up half way through my 'inc'?
Date: 17 Jun 2001 11:31:16
Message: <3b2ccd44@news.povray.org>
I seem to have come across a little problem.  If I export from Rhino an INC
file and then try to parse it, depending on different situations, it will
render or not.

Basically the inc file contains all my smooth_triangles and at a given
point, POV stops reading the inc file and so tries to parse smooth_tria
where it will stop and give me an error message.  The inc file is complete
(I loaded it up and at the bottom it does end correctly) and the problem
occurs quite a way through (eg line 10230).

To note the file is 26mb and I have 256mb RAM (which is def not used up cos
I've tried it with Win2k's Task Manager Open on Performance).  Any ideas?
Is there a limit on how big a file can be?  Should I just give up and export
from rhino with far lower polygon settings?

Peter Cracknell
http://www.petercracknell.com

Post a reply to this message