POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV gives up half way through my 'inc'? : Re: POV gives up half way through my 'inc'? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:24:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV gives up half way through my 'inc'?
From: Ken
Date: 17 Jun 2001 13:17:05
Message: <3B2CE5AE.4065703@pacbell.net>
Peter Cracknell wrote:

> "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote in message
> > In article <3b2ccd44@news.povray.org> , "Peter Cracknell" <pc### [at] lineonenet>
> > wrote:
>
> > It might help if you include the error message, don't you think so? ;-)
>
> The error message is based on where it gives up on the inc file, ie if it
> stops at smooth_tri it says error object or directive expected but
> undeclared identifier 'smooth_tri' found instead.  It's as if it parses to a
> certain point then thinks that the inc has finished and so doesn't parse the
> remainder of the file.

Are you running Win95 ? I used to have this problem all the time when
running under Win95. Don't know why but it stopped when I switched
to Win98.

Try splitting the model into 2 or 3 smaller inc's and then recombine them
in a union later. Might help....

Also make sure that there are no errors in the spelling on the line number
indicated by the error message. It is not entirely impossible that Rhino
exports erroneous data.

--
Ken Tyler