POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : dxf files Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:25:19 EDT (-0400)
  dxf files (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Paul Jones
Subject: dxf files
Date: 10 Jun 2001 07:39:05
Message: <3b235c59$1@news.povray.org>
So I am now using Blender to do som e modeling. I really like it, the
interface is a bit wierd but it does a fine job. Anyway, is there a way to
convert a .dxf file to a smooth_triangle mesh? I use 3dwin4 but I still see
the faces of my round objects. Any ideas?

-paul

Post a reply to this message

> So I am now using Blender to do som e modeling. I really like it, the
> interface is a bit wierd but it does a fine job. Anyway, is there a way to
> convert a .dxf file to a smooth_triangle mesh? I use 3dwin4 but I still see
> the faces of my round objects. Any ideas?

You can smooth it directly in 3DWin (see the "modify object" button). If this
doesn't work for some reason, it's also possible to do it in Crossroads, or
even after the conversion using Warp's mesh smoothing utility.

G.

--

**********************
http://www.oyonale.com

Post a reply to this message

> > So I am now using Blender to do som e modeling. I really like it, the
> > interface is a bit wierd but it does a fine job. Anyway, is there a way to
> > convert a .dxf file to a smooth_triangle mesh? I use 3dwin4 but I still see
> > the faces of my round objects. Any ideas?
>
> You can smooth it directly in 3DWin (see the "modify object" button). If this
> doesn't work for some reason, it's also possible to do it in Crossroads, or
> even after the conversion using Warp's mesh smoothing utility.

Failing all that you can always use a greater number of triangles inside
blender itself OR subdivde the resulting mesh from any of the above methods
using the SSS macros from -

http://users4.50megs.com/enphilistor/sss.htm