POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : zRCube (POV Clone) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  zRCube (POV Clone) (Message 51 to 60 of 60)
From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: zRCube (POV Clone)
Date: 1 Jun 2001 12:17:20
Message: <3B17C047.CDD6091F@gmx.de>
Thomas wrote:

> I  know, I just like both :). But IMHO network rendering is a feature that is
missing
> from pov, and yes I know it is next to impossible to implent it with the current
code
> and nobody, including me, was able to get pvmpov running on win32.

Why not?  I never tried it until now, but i don't know about any problems?

> I don't know about the amiga and I'm not really sure about the Mac but it should be
> possible to write an abstraction layer that hides all the platform dependent stuff
> from the core.

Surely, but what do you gain with that, there still needs to be a lot of
code written for every platform and it can still be extremely difficult to
get all the different versions work together.

> Pov does that at the moment as well, but only for a few minor things,
> just look in the platform specific file in source/your_platform.

There is nothing but the user interface that is specific to the platform,
of course some minimal interface is always needed.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>