POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: new simple pattern Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:14:34 EDT (-0400)
  Request: new simple pattern (Message 31 to 40 of 77)
From: Chris Huff
Subject: Re: Request: new simple pattern
Date: 9 Jan 2001 13:10:25
Message: <chrishuff-0D0C46.13120409012001@news.povray.org>
In article <3A5### [at] erolscom>, John VanSickle
<van### [at] erolscom> wrote:

> The chief flaw of many modellers I've seen is the tendency for all
> editing to be done in planes parallel to the coordinate axes.  While
> working on my modeller [1], I found that being able to interactively
> rotate the view of the project makes it much easier to understand what
> one is doing.

This is the approach I am thinking of using for a pseudo-modeller
project...allowing you to freely move around the scene and position
objects. Not using a mouse, but a sort of graphical object editor and
OpenGL preview. The language would be CSDL...which will actually not be
very C-like when I'm finished with it.
Don't worry about competition...it will be written in Cocoa and Obj-C,
and will only run on Mac OS X.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><