POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: new simple pattern : Re: Request: new simple pattern Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: new simple pattern
From: Ken
Date: 12 Jan 2001 00:55:00
Message: <3A5E9C73.1D2394BA@pacbell.net>
Mick Hazelgrove wrote:

> But Runes suggestion would be easily available to many users who do not have
> your mathmatical skills. Or do not frequent these newsgroups.
>
> Not to start a war because I think Pov and its creators are wonderful. All
> to often programs are written by very clever people who don't always realise
> how thick the user is!  I'm an artist I trained for many years as one, my
> mathamatical skills and programing skills are very limited. I do not have
> much time to learn mathamatics at the level you lot work at and at 55 find
> that level of thinking increasingly difficult. At the same time my artistic
> skills continue to improve and grow.

There are three types of people in the world. Those that are good at
 math and those that are not.

I agee with your points epecially where this feature request is
concerned. I have often wished for a different behavior for the
gradient pattern. Why go looking though a bunch of macro files
for a specific function when if can be hard wired into the program.
It would certainly be much more useful than the "rainbow" feature,
which has such limited functionality as to be almost useless, yet
remains in the feature list for v3.5.