POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rune's World Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Rune's World (Message 21 to 29 of 29)
From: Rune
Subject: Re: Rune's World
Date: 8 Jan 2001 13:27:01
Message: <3a5a0675@news.povray.org>
"Francois Labreque" wrote:
> I can only access it if I type the URL in my browser.
> To me it looks like a problem with the way Nedstat.net
> counts the referrals stats.

Thanks, I'll look into it and see what I can do.

> Site looks good, btw.

Thanks! :)

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 6)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org

Post a reply to this message

From: Ron Parker
Date: 8 Jan 2001 13:37:24
Message: <slrn95k276.gp9.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Mon, 8 Jan 2001 16:55:46 +0100, Rune wrote:
>"Peter J. Holzer" wrote:
>> Rune wrote:
>> > Does anybody else have the same problem [with style sheets
>> > not loading]?
>>
>> I would have it too, if I was currently using Netscape, since
>> I always have JavaScript disabled.
>
>Hmm, I must look into if there's some method to get those style sheets
>working when JavaScript is disabled...

None.  Stylesheets are implemented somehow using JS in Netscape.  This is a
well-known and well-reviled problem.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.

Post a reply to this message

From: Rune
Date: 8 Jan 2001 15:39:22
Message: <3a5a257a@news.povray.org>
"Ron Parker" wrote:
> Rune wrote:
> > Hmm, I must look into if there's some method to get those
> > style sheets working when JavaScript is disabled...
>
> None.  Stylesheets are implemented somehow using JS in
> Netscape.  This is a well-known and well-reviled problem.

I mean...

<long pause>

that was a shame.

Rune

Post a reply to this message

From: Peter J  Holzer
Date: 8 Jan 2001 16:02:52
Message: <slrn95k9ol.krc.hjp-usenet@teal.h.hjp.at>
On Mon, 8 Jan 2001 16:55:46 +0100, Rune wrote:
>"Peter J. Holzer" wrote:
>> Rune wrote:
>> > Does anybody else have the same problem [with style sheets
>> > not loading]?
>>
>> I would have it too, if I was currently using Netscape, since
>> I always have JavaScript disabled.
>
>Hmm, I must look into if there's some method to get those style sheets
>working when JavaScript is disabled...

You can't. CSS stylesheets are somehow internally translated into
JavaScript in NS 4.x.

But the site doesn't look that bad without style sheets. At least I can
see the thumbnails :-)

	hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | All Linux applications run on Solaris,
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | which is our implementation of Linux.

Post a reply to this message