POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Transparency maps Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:26:30 EDT (-0400)
  Transparency maps (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Mitch Klein
Subject: Transparency maps
Date: 27 Nov 2000 11:33:59
Message: <3a228cf7$1@news.povray.org>
This has probably been asked before, but not since I started looking. Can
POV or MegaPOV do transparency maps? (i.e. like a hightfield image is used
for displacement with light and dark areas, use an image to effect transp.)

thanks for listening

Post a reply to this message

> This has probably been asked before, but not since I started looking. Can
> POV or MegaPOV do transparency maps? (i.e. like a hightfield image is used
> for displacement with light and dark areas, use an image to effect transp.)
>
> thanks for listening

You might have a look at the material_map section in the pov docu,
furthermore you can also specify a transmit value for the different color
indices in an indexed image_map.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>

Thanks Christoph. I figured it was something like that. I'm just starting to
get into advanced texturing and there's definitely a lot to learn :-)

> Mitch Klein wrote:
> >
> > This has probably been asked before, but not since I started looking.
Can
> > POV or MegaPOV do transparency maps? (i.e. like a hightfield image is
used
> > for displacement with light and dark areas, use an image to effect
transp.)

> > thanks for listening
>
> You might have a look at the material_map section in the pov docu,
> furthermore you can also specify a transmit value for the different color
> indices in an indexed image_map.
>
> Christoph
>
> --
> Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>