POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Tutorial collection Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:26:40 EDT (-0400)
  Tutorial collection (Message 24 to 33 of 33)
From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: Tutorial collection
Date: 16 Nov 2000 15:33:22
Message: <3A144492.CCB12BD@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> Also note that the 10best.raytrace.com copyright (
> http://10best.raytrace.com/10bestcopy.txt ) says:

I just read the licence agreement and found that it would not have hurt to
restrict the use of submissions to the purpose of promoting Povray.  I
don't want to imply any bad intentions and promoting Povray is probably
the primary intention by everyone involved in that project, but since it
is a legal document, this seems a good idea to me.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>

> I just read the licence agreement and found that it would not have hurt to
> restrict the use of submissions to the purpose of promoting Povray.  I
> don't want to imply any bad intentions and promoting Povray is probably
> the primary intention by everyone involved in that project, but since it
> is a legal document, this seems a good idea to me.

Chris Cason wrote it.
If he makes a display ad to sell the CD using say the winner of the "cover
image contest," would someone say that's not promoting povray?

Post a reply to this message