POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Tutorial collection : Re: Tutorial collection Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:13:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tutorial collection
From: Chris Huff
Date: 17 Nov 2000 18:47:13
Message: <chrishuff-073E79.18473017112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3A142E5D.75A6A9EC@my-dejanews.com>,
gre### [at] my-dejanewscom wrote:

> I have a STRONG personal adversion to being forced to unzip a few dozen
> files to see if it is what I'm looking for, so I insist that some kind of
> html search page is part of the tutorials section on the CD.

Nobody needs to unzip anything! I don't know where you get this idea
that people are suggesting you put .zip files in those folders...

Again, NO .ZIP FILES ARE NEEDED!

Just put the files on the CD, completely unzipped, each in their own
folder. Make sure each tutorial has an "index.html" page, and link to
that page, all you have to worry about is the path to it, which will be
extremely short if you don't do a bunch of categorization. This will
both make the maintenence of the HTML code easier and it will allow
people to access the files directly *without any additional work on your
part*!

--
Christopher James Huff

<><