POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Tutorial collection : Re: Tutorial collection Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:17:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tutorial collection
From: Peter J  Holzer
Date: 19 Nov 2000 16:02:21
Message: <slrn91gfhu.4b3.hjp-usenet@teal.h.hjp.at>
On Thu, 16 Nov 2000 08:20:11 -0500, Greg M. Johnson wrote:
>Q:  Am I correct that those wanting to look at a collection in the way
>Wlodzimierz is proposing would need some sort of TXT file in the
>subdirectory itself to understand the context of the files?  Or a non-html
>"povray webring-like" txt page for the whole assembly?

No. If the HTML files are reasonably clean, they can be read with any
text editor almost like plain text files. Also, if the directory names
are meaningful (e.g., "makefile.hjp" instead of "tut00043" for my (as
yet unwritten :-) tutorial on using povray with makefiles) they often give
enough clue to find a tutorial without reading the index file.

	hp

--

__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |