POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Palettes Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Palettes (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Steven Jones
Subject: Palettes
Date: 11 Nov 2000 14:29:56
Message: <3a0d9e34@news.povray.org>
Is it possible to convert a PSP 256-colour palette to a Pov colour map?  I
ask because if it's possible then I can use Povray to make topographic maps
for the game 'Virtual Sailor'. ( http://avsim.com/vs )

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob H
Subject: Re: Palettes
Date: 11 Nov 2000 14:44:56
Message: <3a0da1b8$1@news.povray.org>
Perhaps there is only one thing you really need to know, using 0/255 to 255/255
is the range POV uses, 0 to 1.  In other words, divide all palette entries by
255.
Or maybe you wanted to know more than that.  I don't know of a utility to take
a *.pal file so as to turn it into a color_map.

Bob