POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Palettes : Re: Palettes Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Palettes
From: GrimDude
Date: 13 Nov 2000 23:44:33
Message: <3a10c331@news.povray.org>
Exactly, this is the way to do it (worked for Quake). Just calculate the
colors for your Pov object, as Bob H. recommended, and then open the Pov
generated image into PSP. Finally, load the palette from your game and save
the result.

Note: You may have to do some gamma adjustment.

Pov is currently being used to generate maps for "Aces High" (an online
flight simulator)over at http://www.hitechcreations.com Check out the
'Terrain Editor' forum on their BBS, if you are interested. But really,
these guys are beginners and it takes them months to make a single map. It
took me an hour to create my first one. :)

If anyone is interested in doing this sort of thing (for fun as there is no
money in it) I would certainly help organize things. A.H. is not the only
game that could use this.

Grim