POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Tree 1.0 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Tree 1.0 (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: Christopher James Huff
Subject: Re: POV-Tree 1.0
Date: 24 Apr 2003 09:57:54
Message: <cjameshuff-8363EC.09573624042003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3EA76B61.35BAA905@mail.com>,
 Gena Obukhov <obu### [at] mailcom> wrote:

> > Seems to work well under Mac OS X 10.2.5. That's a huge number of
> > options though...maybe it needs a tree-generator-parameters generator,
> > to produce slightly different trees of specific types.
>
> You can play with 'randomness' parameter for different tree elements
> to change their distribution.

Not quite what I meant...I was thinking of things like "height",
"bushyness", "health", and so on.

Well, I'll have to do something like this when I get Amber up and
running.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message

From: Gena
Date: 24 Apr 2003 13:14:44
Message: <3EA81B88.BBC1419C@mail.com>
> Ahh, okay, I'll have to try that. As for meshs, I try to avoid them when
> possible, they just seem... un POVlike.

You can adjust mesh accuracy to make the surface smooth. Just
remember that high accuracy will increase the number of triangles
and parsing time as a result of that.

Gena.

Post a reply to this message