POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Tree 1.0 : Re: POV-Tree 1.0 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 20:15:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Tree 1.0
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 3 May 2003 00:21:02
Message: <3eb343ae$1@news.povray.org>
"Tyler Eaves" <tyl### [at] cg1org> wrote...

> Ahh, okay, I'll have to try that. As for meshs, I try to avoid them when
> possible, they just seem... un POVlike.

Come on... don't be so hard on meshes.  They are definitely one of the most
efficient methods (memory-wise) of creating trees and plants in POV, because
you can duplicate them many times with only marginal memory use for each
additional copy.  You can't do that with any other object.  Plus, they store
their textures slightly more efficiently than other objects.  Oh, and POV
usually renders them amazingly quickly!

-Nathan