POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov question Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  Pov question (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Anthony D  Baye
Subject: Pov question
Date: 14 Feb 2003 11:06:34
Message: <3E4D14C7.74093BEE@Rapidnet.com>
I know that there is at least one include file out there to create
"faked" lightning effects, but it works only with MegaPov, and
apperantly not with the mac version as it doesn't include support for
glows (Or the vaunted Mechanics Simulator, which made me wonder: besides
the savvy interface, what makes it so different from 3.5)
    Is it possible to create electrical effects in P.O.V 3.5?

Regards,

Anthony D. Baye

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:09:44 -0700, "Anthony D. Baye" <ban### [at] Rapidnetcom>
wrote:
> I know that there is at least one include file out there to create
> "faked" lightning effects, but it works only with MegaPov, and
> apperantly not with the mac version as it doesn't include support for
> glows

MacMegaPOV 1.0 doesn't include support for glow ? Are you sure ?

22 other points from http://megapov.inetart.net/manual/news.html + manual :-)

> Is it possible to create electrical effects in P.O.V 3.5?

Depends on effect probably.

Please note that unofficial version should be rather discussed in
povray.unofficial.patches group.

ABX

Post a reply to this message