POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov question : Re: Pov question Server Time
4 Aug 2024 20:18:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov question
From: Smellenbergh
Date: 16 Feb 2003 04:34:41
Message: <1fqgxrk.110kkyi1p4hgf4N%smellenbergh@skynet.be>
Anthony D. Baye <ban### [at] Rapidnetcom> wrote:

>     I know that there is at least one include file out there to create
> "faked" lightning effects, but it works only with MegaPov, and
> apperantly not with the mac version as it doesn't include support for
> glows (Or the vaunted Mechanics Simulator, which made me wonder: besides
> the savvy interface, what makes it so different from 3.5)

The MacMegaPOV version supports all the features of MegaPOV, including
glows and Mechanics Simulator.
The MegaPOV versions for different platforms are all compiled from the
same core code and therefore fully synchronised. All MegaPOV-team
members add their changes to the same sources kept in one place.

There is no support yet for the glows and mechsim in the MacMegaPOV
templates. But this doesn't mean that it isn't possible to use them.

--

e-mail:sme### [at] skynetbe

http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh