POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Looking for nice ISO-Surf-Images ... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Looking for nice ISO-Surf-Images ... (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Jan Walzer
Subject: Looking for nice ISO-Surf-Images ...
Date: 21 May 2002 18:46:58
Message: <3ceace62$1@news.povray.org>
Short:
I'm searching some nice images, where an ISOsurface is the
main object... It'd be nice, to have the image as well as
the function for the ISO ...

Long:
I have to hold a paper. The seminar is called "Geometric Modelling"
and I have to talk about "Complex Surfaces". So what am I gonna do?
I'll show them the principal of some simple UV-Surfaces, and how
"normal" 3D-Packages will do when tesselating, but I also want to
show how nice it can be, to have a really complex object, described
with a "simple" function and be rendered without triangulating...

So I'd like to show some stunning images with a nice scene setup
and lighting and then only the ISO in a 3D-Grid, rotating and also
showing the function (maybe explaining this) ...

Has someone incidently lyning something like this around, and
allowing me to show this in class ?

Post a reply to this message

> I'm searching some nice images, where an ISOsurface is the
> main object... It'd be nice, to have the image as well as
> the function for the ISO ...
>
> Long:
> I have to hold a paper. The seminar is called "Geometric Modelling"
> and I have to talk about "Complex Surfaces". So what am I gonna do?
> I'll show them the principal of some simple UV-Surfaces, and how
> "normal" 3D-Packages will do when tesselating, but I also want to
> show how nice it can be, to have a really complex object, described
> with a "simple" function and be rendered without triangulating...
>
> So I'd like to show some stunning images with a nice scene setup
> and lighting and then only the ISO in a 3D-Grid, rotating and also
> showing the function (maybe explaining this) ...
>
> Has someone incidently lyning something like this around, and
> allowing me to show this in class ?

Jan, I'm not sure if any of my isosurface images will
fit into the categories that you describe above.

But if you do want to use any of them in your seminar,
then you're welcome to do so.

If you want the source code for a particular image, just
tell me and I'll see what I can find buried in the mess
on my HD.

Below is a list with links to some of the isosurface
images that I have posted to povray.binaries.images.

Tor Olav

24 Jan 2002  Almost Sphere Spirals (109 KB):
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/21703/

24 Jan 2002  Iso-tori (59KB):
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/21702/
http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/21784/

Where circular wrinkles are born (92KB):
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/21316/
(news://news.povray.org/3A08883F.ECDFB741%40online.no)

12 Dec 2001  Iso-bonds again (42 KB):
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/20682/

3 Oct 2001  Stellated iso-bucky (9KB):
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/18898/

18 Apr 2001  Late eggs crackled differently (25KB + 21KB)
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/13849/

5 Mar 2001  Spherical Splash (75KB):
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/13653/