POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Looking for nice ISO-Surf-Images ... : Looking for nice ISO-Surf-Images ... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:16:08 EDT (-0400)
  Looking for nice ISO-Surf-Images ...
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 21 May 2002 18:46:58
Message: <3ceace62$1@news.povray.org>
Short:
I'm searching some nice images, where an ISOsurface is the
main object... It'd be nice, to have the image as well as
the function for the ISO ...

Long:
I have to hold a paper. The seminar is called "Geometric Modelling"
and I have to talk about "Complex Surfaces". So what am I gonna do?
I'll show them the principal of some simple UV-Surfaces, and how
"normal" 3D-Packages will do when tesselating, but I also want to
show how nice it can be, to have a really complex object, described
with a "simple" function and be rendered without triangulating...

So I'd like to show some stunning images with a nice scene setup
and lighting and then only the ISO in a 3D-Grid, rotating and also
showing the function (maybe explaining this) ...

Has someone incidently lyning something like this around, and
allowing me to show this in class ?