POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Topographic map to height field? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Topographic map to height field? (Message 1 to 10 of 41)
From: Timothy R  Cook
Subject: Topographic map to height field?
Date: 1 Mar 2002 08:36:00
Message: <3C7F83C1.C14FE65A@scifi-fantasy.com>
Is there an easy way of taking a topographic map as yoinked from
Terraserver and making a heightfield of it such that each elevation
line and the space to the next line is a single greyscale?
The only way I have of accomplishing this at the moment is going
into PSP and manually putting in a vector point-to-point line over
each elevation line in a new layer...excessively time consuming.
I suppose I could try using a regular 1x1 paintbrush and my Wacom
tablet and drawing the lines in a new layer, but...if there's an
even easier way, I'd like to know about it!

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.scifi-fantasy.com

Post a reply to this message