POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Layered Texture problem Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:02:23 EDT (-0400)
  Layered Texture problem (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Sebastian H
Subject: Layered Texture problem
Date: 27 Jan 2002 17:15:55
Message: <3C547C71.8030002@web.de>
Hi there...

Im currently working on a model converter for Q3A .md3 models but I
found a problem(?) with layered textures.

I got the following:

#declare tex =
texture {
   pigment {Cyan}
   finish {specular 1 reflection .25}
}
texture {
   pigment {
     image_map {
       tga ....
     }
   }
   finish {
     ambient .15
     diffuse .9
   }
}

The tga file has transparency info so there are cyan spots which should
reflect a bit. The thing is that the whole texture reflects, even the
parts of the image map (same with the specular). - using linux.beta10

Is this something I missed in the docs or is something wrong with Pov.

Sebastian H.

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 23:17:21 +0100, "Sebastian H." <seb### [at] webde>
wrote:

>The tga file has transparency info so there are cyan spots which should
>reflect a bit. The thing is that the whole texture reflects, even the
>parts of the image map (same with the specular). - using linux.beta10

This is expectable. Use a patterned texture instead of layered
texture.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg

> On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 23:17:21 +0100, "Sebastian H." <seb### [at] webde>
> wrote:
>

>>The tga file has transparency info so there are cyan spots which should
>>reflect a bit. The thing is that the whole texture reflects, even the
>>parts of the image map (same with the specular). - using linux.beta10
>>

> This is expectable. Use a patterned texture instead of layered
> texture.
>

> Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
> Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg
> TAG      e-mail : pet### [at] tagpovrayorg

This is what I wanted to avoid, is there no other way?

The tga file has a alpha channel that i would have to convert to a png
file for use with a material_map but this is like digging a hole with a
brush (poor brush)...