POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Layered Texture problem : Layered Texture problem Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:35:05 EDT (-0400)
  Layered Texture problem
From: Sebastian H
Date: 27 Jan 2002 17:15:55
Message: <3C547C71.8030002@web.de>
Hi there...

Im currently working on a model converter for Q3A .md3 models but I
found a problem(?) with layered textures.

I got the following:

#declare tex =
texture {
   pigment {Cyan}
   finish {specular 1 reflection .25}
}
texture {
   pigment {
     image_map {
       tga ....
     }
   }
   finish {
     ambient .15
     diffuse .9
   }
}

The tga file has transparency info so there are cyan spots which should
reflect a bit. The thing is that the whole texture reflects, even the
parts of the image map (same with the specular). - using linux.beta10

Is this something I missed in the docs or is something wrong with Pov.

Sebastian H.