POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Background bitmap? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Background bitmap? (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: ReeF
Subject: Background bitmap?
Date: 4 Dec 2001 18:38:41
Message: <3c0d5e81@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

Is it possible to use a background bitmap in POV? I can only find
documentation for background colour etc

Thanx....

Post a reply to this message

From: Andrea Ryan
Subject: Re: Background bitmap?
Date: 4 Dec 2001 20:19:27
Message: <3C0D7581.9F110BA3@global2000.net>
I would use an image map on a polygon with the once keyword.  If the
bitmap tiles, putting it on a plane without the once keyword can work.
Use type 0 for planar image mapping.  If you tile the bitmap on a plane
the once keyword is not needed.
Brendan

polygon
{
   pigment
   {
      image_map
      {
         png "yourfile.png"	//there's also tga and others (sys for
system specific format such as bmp for windows)
         type 0			//the default, so it doesn't need to be typed
         once			//makes one copy of bitmap cover the whole polygon
      }
   }
}

Brendan

ReeF wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Is it possible to use a background bitmap in POV? I can only find
> documentation for background colour etc
>
> Thanx....

Post a reply to this message

> I would use an image map on a polygon with the once keyword.  If the
> bitmap tiles, putting it on a plane without the once keyword can work.
> Use type 0 for planar image mapping.  If you tile the bitmap on a plane
> the once keyword is not needed.
> Brendan

Oh, sorry for repeating myself with the once keyword.  I referred to it
concerning planes twice instead of *once*! :)
I was thinking about what a bitmap would look like all stretched out on
a plane.
Brendan

Post a reply to this message

> Is it possible to use a background bitmap in POV? I can only find
> documentation for background colour etc
>
> Thanx....

Post a reply to this message